Monday, November 15, 2010

The Concept (Map) of Meiosis

Today in class we worked on Concept Maps of meiosis using the following 11 terms:
  • haploid cell
  • diploid cell
  • meiosis
  • meiosis I
  • meiosis II
  • prophase I
  • gamete
  • synapsis
  • crossing over
  • recombination
  • homologous chromosomes
We shared these out on the overhead projector (kickin' it old school).  At the end of class I asked each student to explain the process of meiosis in a paragraph using each of the 11 terms.  I have now looked at some of your submissions and will be addressing the common misconceptions at this blog later this evening.

There is no new homework.  We did not begin discussion of Chapter 16 today so I will not collect the reading guide until tomorrow.  Please bring it with you to class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment